The Athletic Assistant Coach is responsible for providing appropriate and coaching expertise guidance to student athletes related to a particular sport for the duration of the sports season. As part of the Athletic Program, at the assigned school, the Assistant Coach is responsible for teaching and modeling good sportsmanship behaviors, appropriate techniques and skills related to the particular sport, ensuring safe practices are implemented to protect the students from physical injuries, and for serving as good role models for the students, the school and the school system.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Additional course work and/or training in particular sport.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license issued by the NC Department of Motor Vehicles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement, interpret and enforce consistently existing school system, state and conference regulations.
- Refer all requests of grievances through proper channels.
- Attend all public/staff/departmental meetings for which attendance is required.
- Maintain discipline and work to increase morale and cooperation within the school sports program.
- Assist the Head Coach with scheduling, providing transportation to tournaments and special sport events.
- Assist with the necessary preparation to hold scheduled sport events or practices and adhere to scheduled facility times.
- Assist with sporting events and practices with maintenance and school employees.
- Assist with proper safeguard for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment sites.
- Assist with training rules and any other unique regulations of the sport to each athlete who is considered a participant.
- Attend all practices and games.
- Provide assistance, guidance, and safeguards for each participant while traveling.