- Recruits by making contacts with potential student-athletes, through attending in- and out-of state games and practice observations, makes contacts with coaches, conducts personal, school and home visits, coordinates personal and player travel arrangements and assists in campus visitations.
- Serves as assistant to the head coach analyzes performance and instructs student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition; observes players while they perform to determine need for individual or team improvement; and coaches players individually or in groups, demonstrating techniques of sport coached.
- Monitor student athlete attendance and study hall to ensure compliance with eligibility policy.
- Counsels team members in academics, disciplinary and personal matters, to include consulting with the director of Admissions and College administrators to resolve problems. Monitors the academic progress and eligibility status of student-athletes. Advises and counsels with student athletes regarding their obligations to comply with all rules and regulations related to financial aid and eligibility, as well as personal conduct and appearance.
- Perform field maintenance on the SCCC Softball Complex by displaying knowledge of the latest trends.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Two to five years of similar or related experience required i.e., prior coaching and/or collegiate playing experience.