Responsibilities will include assisting the head coach in the administration of all phases of the varsity and junior varsity intercollegiate softball program within the framework of the rules and regulations of the National Collegiate Athletic Association; including, but not limited to coaching, recruiting, monitoring academic progress of student-athletes, performing fieldwork, setting up travel arrangements, fundraising, assisting with campus visit arrangements and promoting the College’s strong Benedictine heritage and College diversity and inclusion goals.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Coaching experience in college, high school, or equivalent.
- Strong teaching and coaching skills.
- Ability to effectively recruit a wide diversity of students.
- Strong cross-cultural oral and written communication skills.
- Effective in oral, written and social media communication.
- Ability to foster and maintain positive relationships with student-athletes, staff, and alumni.
- Ability to emulate, support and represent the values and mission of The College of St. Scholastica and its softball program.
- Experience in identifying and recruiting prospective student athletes to a college or university.
- Strength and Conditioning Certification.
- Knowledge and understanding of NCAA and Division III rules and regulations.