Bates College is seeking a qualified candidate for a Part-time Assistant Softball Pitching Coach Position. This position will assist the softball program/Head Coach with the organizing, planning, and coaching of the Softball team. The ideal candidate is a former collegiate pitcher who is looking for a career in college coaching and is interested in assisting the coaching staff in all aspects of running a Division III Softball program.
- Instruct pitching staff, plan and organize practice plans for student-athlete improvement -3 times per week.
- Perform video analysis to improve individual and team performance.
- Create individual development plans for pitchers and offer support and feedback throughout the season.
- Responsible for clear communication with the coaching staff and players.
- Assist the softball team during practices and games.
- Assist with student-athlete development athletically and academically.
- Identify and recruit prospective student-athletes.
- Assist the head coach with other duties to ensure the success of the program such as fundraising, operations, and logistics.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Commitment to equity and inclusion, and serving the needs of a culturally and educationally diverse community.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships. Must be flexible, collaborative and have a positive attitude.
- Ability to establish rapport quickly with students and their families, while maintaining appropriate boundaries.
- Knowledgeable about the skills and tactics of the sport.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in basic data management systems, Front Rush, game film editing programs and basic computer applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).