The responsibilities of an Assistant Softball Coach include creating strategies for the team, instructing the players, and providing mentorship. To be successful you should have solid knowledge of soccer and its rules, be able to develop winning strategies, and have good communication skills.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist with a planned schedule of academic support, academic progress monitoring and follow-up on student-athletes, as directed by the head coach
- Assist head coach with developing strong and positive media relations along with the reporting of scores, prior to media deadlines, on the date of every home and away event. Seek and/or recommend feature stories to the head coach
- Assist head coach with regular departmental, conference, regional, and/or national: polls, requests, results reporting, web sites, statistics, play-off rosters and team and individual photos etc., as directed
- As directed, assist head coach with things like planning travel arrangements, advances, submitting expense reports with receipt documentation (within the month that the advance was used), transportation, advance travel itineraries for multi-day trips etc
- A commitment to planned and self-directed orientation activities as well as staff development e.g. attending coaching clinics, CPR and AED certification sessions.
- Attending conference and regional seeding, all-conference and/or other like meetings as a substitute for the head coach or as directed or needed.
- High School diploma.
- Two years work experience in sports or recreation administration or related environment.
- Certification in First Aid and CPR/AED or willingness to obtain prior to employment.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Experience working with athletes, diverse or at-risk populations required.
- Knowledge about college athletics/sports.