The Assistant Softball Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Softball coach in creating and maintaining a successful program for the institution on the field, in the classroom and in the community.
- Teaching of skills required for both team and individual player development in coordination with the Head Coach.
- Assists with on-field coaching.
- Instruction and supervision of strength and fitness conditioning of individuals and team.
- Assists in identifying and recruiting academically and athletically talented student athletes.
- Assists operational aspects of team management, including but not limited to: equipment inventory and field preparation and maintenance.
- Develops and maintains relationships with students, colleagues, staff, alumni, parents to ensure the success and growth of the program.
- Serve as manager in Cochran Wellness Center for hours to be specified by Director of Athletics and Wellness.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skill in the coaching and training of student athletes.
- Knowledge of college-level athletic program management principles.
- Knowledge of sports field maintenance principles.
- Knowledge of Softball rules and procedures.
- Knowledge of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), Southern States Athletic Conference (SSAC), and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions.