- Assist head coach in team player tryouts and selection.
- Participate in pre-season parent meetings and post-season awards programs.
- Cooperate with AD and school staff as well as fellow coaches.
- Coordinate and organize sub-varsity practice and game events.
- Develop and provide training rules to AD.
- Follow due process guidelines when disciplining athletes.
- Conduct well organized practices.
- Develop well organized practice plan by collaborating with fellow coaches.
- Derive from the practice plan a well-organized practice schedule to be distributed
to athletes, parents, and athletic office.
- Follow injury protocol.
- Previous coaching experience or assisting in a recognized program above the novice level for at least two years.
- Completion of a course in the prevention of athletic injuries, or agreeable to complete the class before the start of the second season coaching.
- Current first aid and CPR training or willing to complete CPR training before the second season.
- Complete CAP 1 and CAP 2 before the end of the second season.
- Minimum three years of successful experience working with children and families in an urban educational setting and diverse/multi-cultural setting.
Kalamazoo Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.