- Bachelor’s degree in related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Three years of college basketball experience, preferably college/university coaching experience.
- CPR and First Aid Certification or ability to obtain within six months.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to be insured to drive college vehicles required.
- Computer skills essential with knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Effective organizational, written/oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow college policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of intercollegiate softball programs.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Assists the Head Softball Coach with day-to-day activities associated with the program including, but not limited to, recruitment, on-the-floor coaching, video work, and community involvement.
- Provides leadership for all aspects of the men's basketball program to ensure a highly competitive and successful program.
- Supports the academic mission of the College and demonstrates a strong commitment to the retention, academic success, and graduation of student-athletes.
- Assists with student-athlete eligibility certification and completion of forms and medical exams, and provide NAIA reports to the Compliance Office as required.
- Maintains current knowledge and abides by NAIA and RRAC rules, policies, and procedures.
- Serves as a role model to mentor team members to develop and display appropriate behavior and sportsmanship expected of athletic teams and individuals representing JCC.
- Observes athletes during practice and competition to identify opportunities for individual or team improvement.