- Previous experience coaching High School Softball, preferred.
- Current First Aid card, required.
- Communicates with, seeks advice, and follows direction of the head coach, athletic director, and/or principal.
- Cooperates with other district coaching and teaching staff.
- Demonstrates sound organization and conducts regular, daily practice sessions on days when no event is scheduled.
- Provides training that will condition participants to competition and assist in preventing injury.
- Issues, keeps inventory, and oversees appropriate use and care of equipment used by the program.
- Participates in professional development as appropriate and attends district athletic department meetings as directed.
- Demonstrates understanding of game/activity preparation and implements acceptable game/activity strategies in consultation with head coach.
- Knows and enforces district rules as outlined in Board policy, the Extra Curricular Activities Code of Conduct, and performs duties accordingly.
- Knows and enforces rules of the league and OSAA.
- Follows safe practices during activities and scheduled events to prevent and provide care for injuries.
No employee or applicant for employment shall be subject to discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Coos Bay Public Schools complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1991. Coos Bay Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Drug Free and Alcohol Free Workplace. Drug Testing may be a requirement for employment. Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the District for assistance through the Oregon Telecommunication Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900.