Assists head coach in selecting, recruiting, instructing and monitoring student-athletes for Softball. Follows all rules and guidelines of the College and in accordance with the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and the Michigan Community College Athletic Association (MCCAA).
- Assists in developing preliminary scheduling and season plan.
- Assists head coach in the supervision of volunteer coaches and student-athletes (academic, practice and games).
- Fosters sportsmanship and fair play.
- Assists in the coordination of practices and game and team travel.
- Abide by all standards, rules and regulations of the NJCAA and MCCAA.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate Degree from an accredited undergraduate institution is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Education, Health Promotion, or related field preferred.
- Three or more years of experience serving as a coach in a college, high school or club setting required.
- College coaching experience preferred.
- Must be CPR/First Aid Certified, or able to obtain certification within 30 days of employment.