The University of Montana invites applications for an Assistant Softball Coach to provide on-field instruction and guidance to student-athletes. Athletic Department employees and those University employees outside the Athletic Department with NCAA rules compliance responsibilities are subject at all times to NCAA Bylaws 10.1 and 11.1 regarding ethical conduct and the responsibility to positively contribute to a campus culture of NCAA rules compliance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary hitting coach.
- Recruit outstanding athletes to UM program who can be academically successful.
- Assist Head Coach in developing a balanced and challenging competition schedule.
- Plan all aspects of team travel.
- Work with Equipment Room personnel in ordering equipment.
- Collegiate coaching experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with NCAA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and recruit the highly skilled student-athlete.
- Possession of excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as organizational skills.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law.