The assistant Softball Coach will assist coaching staff in day-to-day operations with the program, including but not limited to coaching, player development, recruiting, scouting, academic support and general operations with NCAA rules.
- Assist in the development of sport specific skills. Teach in a classroom environment the basic tenants of the sport’s game plan and skills needed to execute the game Assist in meetings involving personnel.
- Assist in developing coaching strategies to enhance the athletic performance of student-athletes in the classroom and in the sport.
- Assist in the planning and education of student-athletes in techniques, skills and theory of the
- Aid in preparation of scouting reports and evaluations of opponents from video break-down.
- Assist in planning of practice sessions and coaching
- Ensure student compliance with rules regarding behavior and
- Monitor the conditioning and training of team members in conjunction with athletic trainers and team physicians.
- Work cooperatively with university coaches, staff, and faculty and community.
- Sufficient experience to justify coaching, recruiting, compliance, and academic support.
- Appropriate knowledge of current thinking in areas of sport techniques and strategy, conditioning, fitness, and leadership and program management.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and minister to student athletes.
- Excellent communication skills: both oral and written.
- Responsible driving.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.