The Assistant Softball Coach/Coordinator of Athletic Compliance & Operations assists with all athletic compliance, student athlete services, game day operations and game management, following all rules and regulations of the University of Mary, the NSIC, the ACHA and the NCAA. The appointee will provide direct support for all NCAA, ACHA and NSIC compliance of the Athletic Department as directed by the Associate Director of Athletics and/or the Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor's degree in sports management, operations management, public relations, business, communication, public administration, or another related field.
- Masters’ degree preferred.
- Previous intercollegiate administration experience and/or coaching experience is required.
- Previous NCAA Division II experience is preferred.
- Must have a good driving record.
- Upholds and promotes the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Head Softball Coach with all aspects of management, recruitment, budget management, travel, and university responsibilities.
- Assist with scholar athlete advising in respect to providing guidance and resources for balance between academics and athletics participation. Participate in UMary committee work as needed.
- Assist with education, monitoring and enforcement of NCAA, ACHA, NSIC, and UMary rules and regulations. Maintain knowledge of all NCAA, ACHA, and NSIC rules and regulations.
- Assist with certification of initial and continuing athletic eligibility regarding practice, financial aid, and competition; working with FAR, admissions, registrar and financial aid staff.
- Assist with oversight of prospective student athlete official visits and monitor all official and unofficial prospective student athlete visits. Evaluate transcripts and assist in determining future athletic eligibility.
- Assist athletic department with staff addition and departure procedures.