Position is responsible for coaching student athletes in game techniques to prepare them for athletic competition. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport.
- CPR certified.
- Coaching authorization with the BOEE.
- Enforcing attendance for practice time to provide both team and individual development
- Works with the Athletic Director in scheduling facilities for practices.
- Coaching and instructing players regarding the rules, regulations, equipment and techniques of the sport.
- Observing players during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual and/or team development.
- Provides feedback on game strategy based on the team’s capabilities.
- Monitoring the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an injury.
- Follows Iowa High School Athletic Association, (IHSAA/IGHSAU) regulations and procedures.
- Models sportsman-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials and fans.
- Follows established procedures for the proper care, maintenance and requisitioning of equipment, supplies, and uniforms.