The Pitching Coach assists the Head Coach in the organization, administration, and promotion of all aspects of the Lipscomb University Softball Program. Coaching includes instruction, mentoring and leadership, academic supervision of the athletes, program management for the specific areas assigned, and preparation of recommendations to the Head Coach. This position must adhere to the policies set forth by direct supervisors, Head Coach and Athletic Director, as well as Lipscomb University, the ASUN Conference, and the National Collegiate Athletic Association. This is a Pitching Coach position, and advanced pitching knowledge and teaching skills are required.
- Coaching pitchers daily in practice (creating individualized workouts for them based on their needs).
- Throwing batting practice & giving instruction to hitters during that time.
- Calling pitches & charting in game.
- Coaching catchers daily in practice (creating drills and workouts for them, as well as coaching them in bullpen sessions with pitchers).
- Scouting (sending reports to other teams, as well as watching game film on opponents & putting together scouting info for our team’s game prep).
- Film work with pitchers.
- Assist with team defense & hitting workouts (hit fungo, toss front pitch, throw batting practice, assist with instruction, etc. when necessary).
- Recruiting (on and off campus).