The position assists with conducting practices and workouts, instructing student athletes in game strategies and techniques, and guiding student athletes toward successful completion their degree program. During Fall and Spring terms, this position will be assigned 50% of their duties within the Division of Student Affairs to provide support for Enrollment Services and Student Engagement functions.
- Identify, recruit, coach, and retain student athletes.
- Organize and direct small groups and individual practice sessions.
- Review game films and prepare scouting reports.
- Participate in athletic fundraising and community service events.
- Participate in game film assignments and assist with film exchange/sending film to four-year institutions to promote student athletes.
- Collect accurate stats.
- Monitor student athlete academic progress and study hall attendance.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- At least one year of success experience as an athletic intern, graduate assistant coach, club level coaching, or high school coaching.
- Demonstrated commitment to rules, policies, compliance, as well as commitment to student athlete success both in academics and athletics.
- College or professional coaching experience preferred.