Position is responsible for assisting the head coach with organizing the athletics program. Position assists with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in game strategies and techniques.
- Ensures that the four pillars of a Dominican education (prayer, study, community, preaching) are developed and promoted throughout the athletics program.
- Models Christian values and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Assists the head coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of athletics program
- Organizes, directs, and supervises individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head coach.
- Assesses player’s skills, monitors players during competition and practice, and keeps the head coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
- Assists with determining game strategy.
- Assists the head coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury; communicates regularly with the athletic trainer in the rehabilitation of athletes.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 60 completed college hours.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Must have previous coaching and/or playing experience at the high school varsity level or higher.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, coaches, and students.