The Assistant Sports and Fitness Director will provide support for fitness operations, group fitness and sports programs. S/he will serve as JCC Maccabi Assistant Delegation Head and as an integral part of the Fitness team as well as the Camp Davis team.
- Assist fitness & wellness director in tasks as directed to ensure delivery of high-quality experiences to all members.
- Assist in planning, organizing, and supervising programs included but not limited to basketball, soccer, pickleball, tennis, gym programming, and special events.
- Serve as Assistant Delegation Head for JCC Maccabi games.
- Participate in scheduling staff for fitness floor supervision and group fitness programs.
- Perform normal fitness floor job duties as needed and directed and assist in training new staff.
- Collaborate with and coordinate with other departments and agencies as needed for program delivery.
- Sub and/or teach group fitness classes on occasion as appropriate.
- BA in recreation, Sports Management, Exercise Science, Physical Education or related field preferred.
- 1-3 years experience in the fitness and/or sports industry. Internships can be included.
- Current CPR/First Aid/AED Certification required.
- Experience in working with youth and adults.
- Personal training (ACE, ACSM, NSCA, NASM, AFFA) and/or group fitness certifications STRONGLY preferred.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Excellent customer service skills in order to establish and maintain effective and positive relationships with other staff and members.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.