Assists with overall operations of sports programs and manages concessions for the Sports Department. Responsible for assisting in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of a broad range of sports programs; providing leadership to and supervision of employees and volunteer staff and assisting in managing equipment and supplies. Assist in implementation of athletic programming for traditional sports, classes and the After School Sports Leagues. Manage the daily operations of the concession stands.
- Assist Director of Sports in development, overall daily operations, and expansion of youth athletic classes including scheduling, recruiting volunteers, and registration.
- Assist with traditional sports including soccer, football, basketball, baseball, and softball leagues including training volunteers.
- Assist with developing new programs to expand the BGC footprint in Kenosha and surrounding communities.
- Assist in Enhancing current marketing efforts within the department. This will include but not be limited to social media, website, and internal/external initiatives.
- Assists in creating and implementing training for coaches, referees, and score keepers as needed.
- Assist in the daily overall operations of the Athletic Department.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience in sports management.
- Solid understanding of traditional athletic sports including rules, training, staffing, and equipment needs.
- Experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising athletic programs based on the developmental needs of young people.
- Ability to effectively operate a computer and programs used by the Club.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to recruit, train, supervise, and motivate staff and volunteers.
- Ability to deal effectively with members, volunteers, and parents including discipline problems.
- Support Club fundraising events.