Under the direction of the Sports Information Director, the Assistant Sports Information Director will work closely with all members of the Athletics Department to implement, promote and enhance the ongoing media relations and overall marketability and experience of the Keystone College Intercollegiate Athletics Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Sports Information Director with daily operations in the sports information office;
- Assist with the preparation of media guides and team statistics;
- Serve as the main contact for sports assigned;
- Assist with maintenance and updates of information (including rosters, schedules, statistics, etc…) on the athletic website (gokcgiants.com);
- Report results and statistics to the NCAA, United East, Landmark and other media outlets;
- Promote Keystone College athletics through various social media platforms;
- Conduct pre- and/or post-game interviews with coaches and student-athletes for social media and website promotion;
- Assist in providing local, regional, and national media with stories, scores and excerpts to promote Keystone College athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree in either communications, journalism, sports management, or related field;
- Experience working in a college sports information setting;
- Outgoing personality and ability to work as part of a team;
- Enthusiasm for professional development and learning;
- Willing to work evening and weekend hours.