Mount St. Mary’s University is currently accepting applicants for the position of Assistant Sports Information Director. This is a full-time, 12-month renewable position eligible for benefits. Interested applicants should have experience working in a college or university sports information office or in the collegiate athletics setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- SID contact for assigned sports including women’s basketball.
- Generate content and graphics for social media for the department in coordination with the department’s Director of Video Services/Social Media.
- Oversees student work study and student interns for sports information
- Manages the statistics staff for games.
- Provide content for the Mount’s athletics website with the organization of archival information, records, photos, statistics
- Write press releases, arrange media interviews, conduct/edit video interviews, travel to select away events, etc.
- Will oversee the game day staffing and SID coverage for various home athletic events as well as the Sports Information Departments student intern/work study program.
- Have 1-2 years of post-undergrad experience in a collegiate sports information office, conference office, or closely related field.
- Possess working knowledge of desktop publishing (InDesign), Adobe Photoshop and video editing.
- Have experience with NCAA Live Stats and Stat Crew software program.
- Candidates should be highly motivated and energetic with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Have strong writing and editorial skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (required).