Learns to use media communications concepts and assists as assigned in implementing programs and activities and gathering information designed to enhance the public's understanding and appreciation of the location typically through media outlets.
- Game day stats keeping for UCSC home events with high attention to accuracy.
- Drafts simple news releases, routine statements, game recaps and brief articles.
- Helps update and maintain goslugs.com website in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assists in the management of home games with respect to visiting teams and game officials in a manner consistent with NCAA Division III standards.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Basic knowledge of concepts and principles of news, media communications and media relations.
- Intermediate /advanced knowledge of stat keeping software such as StatCrew, Genius LiveStats, and golfstat.
- Basic knowledge of and/or the ability to learn about the location, its achievements, mission, vision, goals, objectives, programs and infrastructure.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with a diverse population.
- Written communication skills sufficient to perform job duties.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.