Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implementing an evidence-based training program to optimize performance and decrease injury potential, including sport-specific conditioning programs, teaching proper resistance training, speed, and agility techniques with an emphasis on safety at all times.
- Collaboration with sport science, nutrition, athletic medicine, and the coaching staff of assigned teams to identify physical imbalances, injury trends specific to the sport, as well as other various opportunities to enhance performance to deliver a comprehensive training program for student-athletes.
- This position will be required to maintain files, which track changes in performance throughout the career of student-athletes while at the University of Southern California. This data should be reviewed on a regular basis with the Director of Sports Performance, coaches, and student-athletes.
- Promotes an environment that fosters inclusive relationships and creates unbiased opportunities for contributions through ideas, words, and actions that uphold principles of the USC Code of Ethics.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor's degree in an area focused on human performance and a minimum of 2 years experience. Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education.
- NCAA and Nationally recognized strength and conditioning certification
- Experience working in higher education and/or a sports related field ideal.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy.