The YMCA of Greenville is a dynamic and rapidly growing association that seeks to strengthen the community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
- Associate's Degree in education, recreation, sports management, or other related fields, or equivalent years of experience.
- Three years of experience in youth, sports, recreation programming, physical education, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum one year of leadership/supervisory experience.
- Experience working with all ages of youth.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and be flexible.
- Must be efficient and productive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess enthusiasm.
- Assist the Sports Director with the development and the implementation of programs within the Sports Department.
- Assist the Sports Director with providing leadership and excellence in program service and delivery, through proper training, evaluation, and promotion of programs.
- Assist the Sports Director with giving guidance and direction to sports participants and volunteers.
- Develops relationships for the advancement and promotion of the YMCA Sports Program.
- Ensure safety procedures are followed.
- Assists Director with crowd control for Adults Sports.
- Intentionally and continuously strive to promote an organizational culture that advances practices and policies that value staff engagement, and diversity, strengthens inclusion, and builds a global community in the US and abroad.
- Directly provide leadership and excellence in program service and delivery, through proper training, evaluation, and promotion of programs for spring/fall soccer and summer camp sports.