The teacher/assistant coach is responsible for promoting the student/athlete philosophy both during the academic instruction of the classroom and total athletic program. The teacher/assistant coach must demonstrate strong content knowledge in their academic teaching area as well as a climate of “respect” to ensure a strong academic environment.
- Bachelor's degree with a valid Arkansas Teaching Certification, Arkansas football coaching endorsement.
- At least one (1) to three (3) years of relevant coaching experience preferred.
- Measurable evidence of driving student achievement gains.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and the willingness and desire to support others in doing their best work.
- To be an effective educator in the classroom and on the field.
- To assist in maintaining high academic standards for all students.
- To direct the football program in all phases at a high level of professionalism and enthusiasm.
- Provides an instructional program to meet the needs of all students.
- Creates a classroom environment that provides for student involvement in the learning process and enable each student to achieve learning objectives.
- Prepares for classes assigned, and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Plans for and utilizes instructional methods, resources and evaluation techniques, which motivate and enable each student to achieve learning objectives.
- Takes all necessary and safety precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Maintains accurate and complete records as required by State Law, District policy and AAA requirements.
- Fosters among the participants and spectators an appreciation of the values of the sports programs a desire to perform at the highest level, an attitude of good sportsmanship, and a sense of pride in self, team, school, and community.