- Bachelor's degree and a current NSCA, CSCS or CSCCA, SCCC certification.
- Knowledge and compliance with NCAA and league rules and regulations.
- Certification in CPR, AED and First Aid is necessary but can be obtained through Vassar College as needed.
- A valid drivers license and the successful result of a background check are mandatory.
- Design and implement strength training and conditioning programs for assigned sports.
- Collaborate with the sports medicine staff to develop and implement injury prevention and injury rehabilitation programs for assigned student-athletes.
- Teach proper technique and provide supervision and motivation as needed.
- Conduct testing to assess student-athlete performance and improvement.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and utilization of an online methodology for tracking student-athlete strength & conditioning activities, including the use of pre-practice readiness questionnaires.
- Maintain and upkeep equipment within the varsity weight room.
- Collaborate with head coaches to create comprehensive off-season conditioning programs.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of social media and a webpage for Vassar College strength & conditioning.
- Engage in professional development activities to stay current with best practices, new research and changing guidelines.
Vassar College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer, and applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.