Responsible for implementing and supervising strength and conditioning training programs for student-athletes in a variety of sports.
- Assists Head Strength and Conditioning Coach with the design, implementation and supervision of strength, speed, agility and conditioning programs for NCAA Division I intercollegiate sports.
- Develops and coordinates programs that will assist student-athletes achieve overall physical strength.
- Provides proper weight lifting and exercise technique instructions.
- Ensures the proper operation of the strength training center, which includes conducting risk management and equipment maintenance.
- Schedules and oversees training sessions for student-athletes including, but not limited to, training student-athletes in proper weight lifting techniques and conditioning practices, recording and interpreting results as well as evaluating appropriate correlation of fitness components necessary to meet optimal individual performance levels.
- May supervise part-time support staff in the sports training center, which includes making recommendations for hiring, training, work allocation.
- Knowledge of the principles of athletic strength and conditioning programming, techniques, and equipment.
- Effective organizational, personnel supervision, communication and computer skills.
- Knowledgeable of NCAA rules and policies.
- Certifications in First Aid (ARC), CPR (ARC or AHA), and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) required within six months of employment.