The Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach provides expertise and guidance while developing and implementing sound and scientifically proven strength training and physical conditioning protocol. This position requires knowledge of and adherence to all NCAA Division 1, Big South Conference, CSCAA, and Southern Conference rules and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and deliver comprehensive strength, speed, agility, conditioning and nutritional supplement programs for assigned NCAA Division 1 intercollegiate sport programs.
- Communicate and work in partnership with sport coaching staffs and athletic training staff to provide an integrated program of year round performance training, injury prevention and reconditioning for student athletes.
- Administration and supervision of strength and supplements.
- Travel with associated sport programs during away contests.
- Provide daily weight room supervision, daily upkeep and maintenance of equipment.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, Nutrition, Health or related field, and/or equivalent training and experience required. Masters’ degree desired.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in collegiate strength and conditioning.
- Collegiate sports nutrition experience.
- Certified Strength and Condition Specialist (CSCS) or Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (SCCC) certification (Post Graduate Certification).
- Red Cross CPR/AED certification required.
- USA Weightlifting Certification (USAW) desired.
- Experience working with basketball and volleyball, preferably at the collegiate level.