- Assists Head Strength and Conditioning Coach with the design, implementation and supervision of strength, speed, agility and conditioning programs for NCAA Division I intercollegiate sports.
- Develops and coordinates programs that will assist student-athletes achieve overall physical strength.
- Provides proper weight lifting and exercise technique instructions.
- Ensures the proper operation of the strength training center, which includes conducting risk management and equipment maintenance.
- Schedules and oversees training sessions for student-athletes including, but not limited to, training student-athletes in proper weight lifting techniques and conditioning practices, recording and interpreting results as well as evaluating appropriate correlation of fitness components necessary to meet optimal individual performance levels.
- May supervise part-time support staff in the sports training center, which includes making recommendations for hiring, training, work allocation.
- Assists in aspects of recruiting, marketing and promotion of the sports training center.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Certified through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) or collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCA) as a Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) or Strength Conditioning Certified Coach (SCCC) or the ability to obtain one of these within 6 months of hire. First Aid and CPR certification.
One (1) year of experience in intercollegiate strength and conditioning training.
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status.