The Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach will assist the Assistant Athletic Director of Sports Performance/Head Strength Coach in providing for health and safety of student-athletes and the athletics staff. The Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach will be responsible for maximizing a student-athletes athletic abilities through the design and implementation of a year-round Strength and Conditioning program for assigned sports.
- Design, organize, implement, supervise, and administer Year Round Strength and Conditioning (Speed, Agility, Quickness, Plyometric, Flexibility, and Nutrition) Training Programs for sports assigned to them by the Head Strength Coach.
- Design, organize, implement, supervise, and administer multi-faceted training protocols and modalities that are orthopedically safe and physiologically sound for student-athletes
- Assist the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach with scheduling all team and individual strength & conditioning sessions in cooperation with the head coach of each sport.
- Directly work with sport coaches on team strength & conditioning workout schedules, mental development tactics, and team motivational drills.
- Maintain records for teams and individuals including but not limited to: Individual body weight, body mass index, body fat, and weight programs.
- Communicate with the Sports Medicine Staff to review injury reports, assisted with modification of training protocols and progress injured athletes from injured -to full go status.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- CSCS Certification or CSCCA Certification.
- CPR/First Aid certification.
- 1 – 2 years experience in a collegiate setting.