Elmira College is a private liberal arts College located in the Finger Lakes region of New York. Seeking innovative professionals from diverse academic and cultural backgrounds to fill the position of Strength and Conditioning Assistant to join the open and welcoming Athletics team.
- Under the general direction of the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach, assist the Strength and Conditioning Coach in the daily training of student-athletes;
- Responsible for implementing a functional training program for assigned sports. The program will include the following components: strength training, speed work, agility, endurance, plyometrics, core training, flexibility, rehabilitation and testing and evaluation of the student athletes;
- Training student-athletes for assigned sports and assisting other sports as needed;
- Maintain collaborative working relationships with administrators and coaches in the department, other college offices, and appropriate relationships with members of the media, donors, and other individuals interested in the sports program.
- Know, recognize, and comply with the laws, policies, rules, and regulations governing Elmira College and its employees, and the rules of the NCAA and affiliated conferences as now constituted or as may be amended in the future. Immediately advises the Director of Athletics or designee if you have reasonable cause to believe violations, whether by employees or students, have occurred or will occur.
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in strength and conditioning training preferred or any equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Strong work ethic with a desire to pursue a career in strength and conditioning;
- NSCA CSCS, First aid/CPR and AED certifications desired.