The Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach will assist the Director of Sports Performance in providing for the health and safety of student-athletes and the athletics staff; responsible for maximizing a student-athlete’s athletic abilities through the design and implementation of a year-round Strength and Conditioning program for assigned sports; and will work closely with head coaches to ensure programming aligns with the desired outcomes.
- Design, organize, implement, supervise, and administer Year-Round Strength & Conditioning (Speed, Agility, Quickness, Plyometric, Flexibility, and Nutrition) Training Programs for sports assigned to them by the Head Strength Coach.
- Current sport assignments (subject to change): Women’s Volleyball, Men’s Soccer, Women’s Soccer, Men’s Men’s Track & Field, Women’s Track & Field, Men’s Tennis, Women’s Tennis, Men’s Golf, Women’s Golf
- Design, organize, implement, supervise, and administer multi-faceted training protocols and modalities that are orthopedically safe and physiologically sound for student-athletes.
- Monitor, inspect, and insure athletics weight room equipment and facilities are maintained to protect the health and safety of student-athletes, athletics and university staff, and individuals.
- Assist the Director of Sports Performance with the scheduling all team and individual strength & conditioning training sessions in cooperation with the head coach of each specific sport
- Directly work with sport coaches on team strength & conditioning schedules, team physical and mental development tactics, and team motivation drills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science or related field required, Masters Degree preferred.
- 1 year of collegiate strength and conditioning experience is required.
- CSCS certification is required; SCCC certification is preferred.