Under the direction of the Senior Administrator, the Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach assists the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach with all aspects of the strength and conditioning department, including the development and implementation of strength and conditioning training for all student athletes. In addition, they will assist in rehabilitation, nutrition and team support for assigned teams and student athletes.
- Develops and implements comprehensive strength training and speed/agility/conditioning activities for assigned teams and student athletes.
- Provide certified and safe instruction in the use of weight machines, free weights, and conditioning equipment.
- Conduct testing and evaluation of student athletes to effectively monitor desired training outcomes.
- Use and maintain all available technology to monitor and enhance desired training outcomes.
- Provides assistance to Head and Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coaches with teams and student athletes, as necessary.
- Provides nutritional and rehabilitation support for assigned teams and student-athletes, in collaboration with Sports Medicine Staff, Physical Therapists and Strength and Conditioning Coaches.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Education, Exercise Science, Health or a related field.
- Certification: NSCA CSCS or CSCCa SCCC.
- Experience in a Professional, Collegiate, High School or Private Strength and Conditioning program.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with staff and students.
- Must possess the ability to foster a cooperative environment.
- Must be able to organize and coordinate.
- Must have the ability to understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.