The Athletic Performance Coach will assist with day-to-day operations of the Olympic Sports programs and training facility as required by the Director of Athletic Performance for Olympic Sports.
- Learn the UAB Athletic Performance system of training for performance enhancement of assigned sports to achieve a high level of results.
- Design and administer a comprehensive movement-based strength and conditioning program designed specifically for student-athletes based on sport, position, injury, and movement screen results.
- Coverage for four (4) Olympic sport teams will be assigned based on experience and knowledge.
- Detailed instruction and education to execute all training exercises correctly and safely.
- Demonstrate necessary training to respond to emergency situations arising from any training session.
- Administer a movement screen on all student-athletes and provide correctives based on results.
- Provides consultation and expert advice to Head Coach and team members regarding the progress of each student athlete.
- Test and evaluate student-athletes to effectively monitor desired training outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and one (1) year of related experience required.
- Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.
- Certified through a nationally accredited strength and conditioning certification program required.