Under the supervision of the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach, the Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach will be responsible for the development and implementation of strength, speed, and conditioning programs. This person will support the Eastern New Mexico University weight facility and be responsible for daily upkeep, exercise demonstration, and enhancement of the Athletic Department culture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement strength, speed, and conditioning programs for all assigned intercollegiate athletic teams and associated ENMU sports.
- Assist the athletic training staff and potentially the student-athletes with athletic training service and support.
- Monitor the Eastern New Mexico University Weight Training facility.
- Interact and correspond with Head Coaches about the strength and conditioning program for their teams.
- Conduct fall and spring testing of all athletes.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records of athletes in database.
- Design summer workout plans and schedules.
- Supervise and monitor student-athletes while using facility.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Sports or Health-related field.
- Possess or working towards certification through a nationally recognized strength and conditioning program.
- A valid New Mexico Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment if required to operate a school vehicle.