- Empower student-athletes to perform to their physical potential in their sport through the development and management of year-round strength and conditioning programs.
- Develop programs by evaluating athletes as part of the greater Peak Performance initiative; have varied knowledge of training modalities in order to develop appropriate training programs for a variety of sports.
- Appropriately prescribe exercises, strength and conditioning programs for assigned teams.
- Work in conjunction with head coach in scheduling both group and individual training sessions.
- Demonstrate proper technique of exercises, and appropriately modify and/or correct technique as needed.
- Manage programs by monitoring progress and providing an assessment of development using various methods including subjective and objective measurement tools.
- Provide guidance and education to coaches in meeting the strength and conditioning needs of their programs both individually and as part of the Peak Performance team.
- Work with sports medicine personnel and/or athletic trainers in the return of athletes to participation in the off-season and in-season.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in education and experience; emphasis in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Physical Education, or Masters Degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience is required in positions involving the development and management of sport-specific individual and group strength training programs, experience with contact or collision sports preferred.
- Current certification as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) or Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC) is required for the duration of employment.
- Current CPR/First Aid certifications required for the duration of employment.
- Experience with development and management of strength training programs at the college/university level, management of a health/fitness or weight training facility, or student-athlete experience, in any sport at the collegiate level, preferred.
- Previous experience with equipment maintenance is preferred.