The Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach for Olympic Sports will carry out all aspects of sports performance for assigned teams while adhering to NCAA, Conference, and University rules and regulations. The Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach will be responsible for supporting the philosophy, goals, and mission of both Rice University and its Intercollegiate Athletics Program.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 1 year of related experience.
- Skills Required.
- Knowledge of NCAA legislation and participating conference bylaws, and compliance guidelines related to a sports program.
- Demonstrated track record creating positive, high-energy, productive, and supportive working relationships with student-athletes, coaches, fellow strength & conditioning teammates, and fellow departmental teammates.
- Ability to champion a culture of innovative thought, lifelong learning, and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated good sportsmanship and ethical behavior.
- Highly organized, good time management, and sound judgment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people in a diverse community.
- Demonstrated professional and effective public relations skills.
- Conducts and manages all aspects of a sports program according to participating conference, NCAA, Rice University and Athletic Department rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Develops and organizes recruiting records, logs, and contact information for a sports program per NCAA regulations.
- Scouts and recruits student athletes and supports future athletes through the admission process.
- Monitors academic progress of athletes to ensure player eligibility.
- Demonstrates game techniques and recommends player position assignments; participates in the pre- and post- workouts; and plans and schedules coaching sessions according to established standards.
- Maintains skill development programs for players.
- Coordinates maintenance and repair work for athletic equipment.
- Promotes athletic programs through community events, fundraising, public speaking and marketing.