Supports the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach in designing and implementing effective strength and conditioning programs to enhance the physical performance and overall wellness of student-athletes, playing a critical role in promoting injury prevention, optimizing athletic performance, and fostering a culture of excellence in support of the mission and core values of Union College.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supports the Head Strength and Conditioning coach in developing comprehensive and individualized strength and conditioning programs tailored to the specific needs and goals of student-athletes across various sports.
- Conducts thorough assessments of athletes' physical capabilities, strengths, weaknesses, and injury history to inform program design.
- Oversees the safe and proper execution of strength training exercises, conditioning drills, and injury prevention protocols.
- Monitors and tracks athletes' progress, making necessary adjustments to programs as needed for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise science, kinesiology, sports science, and/or a combination of relevant education, training, certifications, and/or work experience.
- Previous experience designing and implementing strength and conditioning programs for athletes, preferably at the collegiate level.
- Strong knowledge of anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, and exercise prescription principles.
- CPR and First Aid certification required or ability to complete
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and computer skills needed.
- Nationally recognized certification in strength and conditioning. NSCA-CSCS or CSCCa-SCCC certification is preferred
- Understanding of NCAA rules and regulations
- The ability to foster and enhance a thriving, culturally diverse, and inclusive learning community, while promoting a sense of belonging among students, alumni, faculty, and staff colleagues.