Jackson State University, an NCAA Division I (FCS) member of the NCAA and Southwestern Athletic Conference, invites applicants for the position of Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required (Master’s Degree preferred).
Must have at least three years of related experience preferably on the collegiate level.
Must be first aid, AED and CPR certification.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the head strength and conditioning coach with designing, implementing, conducting, and monitoring strength and conditioning programs for student-athletes.
- Coordinate student-athletes rehabilitation with the athletics training staff.
- Assist with rehabilitation of injured student athletes.
- Help to educate student-athletes about nutrition and supplementation.
- Assist with coordinating, maintenance, and staffing of weight room/strength facilities.
- Assist in identifying and purchasing needed strength and conditioning equipment.
- Assist in scheduling weight room training for the various sports programs.
- Train and supervise interns and graduate assistants.