The Auxiliary Coach reports to the Head Coach and assists in the day-to-day operations of the program, ensuring that it functions at a high-level and remains in compliance with all NCAA, Conference, and University rules and policies. The Auxiliary Coach may also serve as the Recruiting Coordinator and may directly oversee student managers.
- Assist in all areas of practice planning, scouting, practice activities and individual coaching.
- Assist in recruitment of student-athletes, under the direction of head coach.
- Player Wellness: Facilitate a positive team culture that manifests itself on and off the field of play, putting the student-athlete’s well-being first.
- Hire and oversee team managers.
- Input all compliance information into ACS.
- Direct and supervise student managers and on occasion other assistant coaches.
- Assist in planning all travel-arrangements.
- Promote academic success through discipline and accountability.
- Arrange tutors and communicate with faculty regarding missed classes.
- Send required information to Admissions regarding all recruited prospects.
- Degree educated.
- Familiar with NCAA rules and regulations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Valid driver's license.