The Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach is responsible for working with individual athletes and groups to build appropriate strength and muscle sets specific to their role on their team. The Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach reports to the Assistant Athletic Director of Strength and Conditioning.
- Provide all scheduling, training, testing, organization and administration of assigned teams, which may include educating student-athletes in areas of nutrition and banned substances.
- Provide direct assistance with the football program.
- Assist with maintenance of weight rooms and all equipment.
- Actively enforce weight room and UIW Athletic Department rules / policies at all times.
- Collaborate and work effectively with all Sports Medicine staff, sport coaches, Administration and University staff.
- Supervise graduate assistants and/or volunteers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have a sincere desire and passion to assist student-athletes in reaching their athletic performance and personal goals.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with large groups.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University, the Conference, and the NCAA.