Reporting directly to the Director of Strength and Conditioning, the individual hired will be responsible for various men's and women's contact and non-contact sports. This includes ensuring a safe and effective working environment in the varsity weight room, strength and conditioning program development and implementation for assigned sports, and working closely with the sports medicine program within university, conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Program development based on sport specificity, seasonality and competitive strategy, progressive instruction, and acclimation, sports nutrition education and counseling, and injury rehabilitation programming and instruction.
- Unchallengeable authority for all strength and conditioning programming and implementation including timing, frequency, type and volume to promote safe and effective performance of student-athletes.
- Ensures all student-athlete injuries are properly reported to appropriate medical staff and that student-athlete injuries are accommodated appropriately in student's strength and conditioning program.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of policies and protocols ensuring a safe and effective environment in the varsity weight room by inspecting all equipment, appropriately setting up the facility, and monitoring each team's training sessions, when staffing permits.
- Strong work ethic and excellent communication skills are required.
- Prior coaching, graduate assistant, or intern experience in a collegiate strength and conditioning setting.