Metropolitan State University of Denver is seeking qualified applicants for Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach, a 12-month position within our Athletic Department. The assistant coach provides administrative, educational, and instructional guidance under the direction and supervision of the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach.
- Assist the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach with the implementation of strength and conditioning programs for 16 varsity sports, all day-to-day operations, data analysis, injury prevention & modifications, and assisting with the Roadrunners Internship Program.
- Design and implement, science-based strength & conditioning programs for assigned sports including educating student-athletes on proper technique & safety, performance testing & data reporting, sports nutrition & nutrient timing, and explaining why.
- Communicate with Sports Medicine staff & Coaches staffs regularly, in addition to Administrators & Support staff.
- Adhere to all NCAA and Conference affiliated bylaws set forth by the governing bodies.
- Knowledge base with TeamBuildr, Vitruve VBT, & VALD ForceDecks a plus.
- The scope of the position may require weekends, evenings, and/or early mornings.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach.
- Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science or related field, CSCS or SCCC, CPR/AED and First Aid Certified, previous experience in Strength & Conditioning.
- Background check will be completed prior to hire.