The Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach is a non-exempt, 40 hour per week, 10-month per year position. The Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach will work as a member of the CMS athletic department team and support the mission, goals, and procedures of the department and the Colleges. This individual will be expected to assess, motivate, educate, and train athletes for the primary goal of improving sport performance.
- Create and distribute annual strength and conditioning programs and maintain records of all programming, assessments, and attendance through an online strength and conditioning platform.
- Able to demonstrate and effectively teach exercises and drills using varied teaching methods.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and continuous review of policies and procedures for strength and conditioning operations.
- Assist in all aspects of strength and conditioning operations, including but not limited to, staff supervision, equipment maintenance and cleaning, organization of weight room and storage room, and other duties assigned by Head Strength and Conditioning Coach.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Individual must possess knowledge, skills, and ability to be able to successfully perform the essential functions of the position, or be able to explain or demonstrate how the essential functions will be performed, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge skills and abilities.
- Deploy professional skills in athletics, strength & conditioning, and team building in collaboration with colleagues, to best promote the College’s strategic interests.