This position reports to the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach. Responsibilities include the training and motivation of student-athletes to maximize their potential for athletic performance and injury prevention. The Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach will, in conjunction with coaches and athletic trainers, organize and design strength, power, speed, agility and flexibility programs for assigned sports, maintain safety, hygiene, and efficiency of the varsity weight room; and create and supervise schedules and team workouts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work cooperatively with coaches and the Sports Medicine staff to plan, organize.
- Implement and supervise successful year-round sport-specific strength training and conditioning program.
- Stay abreast of all current trends, breakthroughs and developments in the science of speed, strength, and conditioning.
- Understand current and changing NCAA, A10 Conference, and SJU Compliance Policy and Procedures
- Assist the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach with implementing and enforcing codes of conduct and rules for varsity weight room.
- Utilize, analyze, and create reports related to area specific technology (injury predictive technology, heart rate data, GPS data), and any other technology that is current in place or will be added in the future.
- Bachelor’s Degree required and 1 year of experience in a collegiate or professional athletics environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- NSCA-CSCS or CSCCa-SCCC certification required.
- CPR and AED certification required.