The California University of PA Athletic Department is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the duties of an Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach. The successful candidate will report directly to the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach under the direction of the Athletic Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Design and implement year-round strength and conditioning programs that reflect research driven practices and aligns with a long-term athletic fitness model.
2. Work in cooperation with the sports medicine staff and athletic training staff in the rehabilitation and strengthening of injured athletes.
3. Facilitate strong working relationships with sport coaches, administration, and strength and conditioning staff.
4. Develop systems for baseline assessments, tracking progress and attendance.
5. Assist in managing purchases and budget.
6. Determine and reinforce expectations for athlete conduct that mirror the NCAA and University's Code of Conduct.
Minimum of Education / Training:
1. BS in a Sport Science related field, Masters preferred.
2. A current BOC Athletic Trainer Certification, PES certification with NASM, a current SAQ certification with NASE are required.
3. A strong working knowledge and teaching skills in analysis and techniques of barbell movements, kettlebell movements and general strength training.
4. Experience in training Division 2 athletic populations.
5. Strong motivational abilities.
6. The ability to interact positively with student athletes, colleagues and public.
7. Strong organizational skills and effective oral and written communication skills.