The California University of PA Athletic Department is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the duties of an Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach. The successful candidate will report directly to the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach under the direction of the Athletic Director.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
1. Design and implement year-round strength and conditioning programs that reflect research driven practices and aligns with a long-term athletic fitness model.
2. Work in cooperation with the sports medicine staff and athletic training staff in the rehabilitation and strengthening of injured athletes.
3. Facilitate strong working relationships with sport coaches, administration, and strength and conditioning staff.
4. Develop systems for baseline assessments, tracking progress and attendance.
5. Assist in managing purchases and budget.
Peripheral Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Design and instruct programs for the Strength and Conditioning Summer Camp and for sport camp attendees.
2. Assist in creating a learning syllabus for graduate assistants and student interns.
3. Assist in the recruiting process for students and student-athletes.
4. Provide a positive, supporting, lasting experience.