UW-Platteville is seeking an Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach to support our quest for athletics excellence across 16 intercollegiate sport programs. This role will report to the Head Strength and Conditioning coach and work in partnership with our Director for Sports Medicine and Performance to deliver on our goals of providing transformational student-athlete experience and building a culture of competitive excellence.
- Plan, create and enhance summer strength and conditioning programs for current student-athletes in coordination with coaches and Head Strength and Conditioning Coach; this also includes the creation of a general physical preparation training plan for incoming student-athletes (freshman/transfers).
- Teach, model and reinforce proper, safe and effective strength and conditioning methods/movements for student-athletes and coaches during the regular academic year.
- Complete necessary continuing education units required by the National Strength and Conditioning Association to maintain Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist certification. Serve as an active participant in the Sports Medicine and Sports Performance Learning Laboratory professional development series
- Help to support the overall sport performance and wellness needs of student-athletes to include NCAA approved nutritional support. Actively support and promote participation in the Pioneer Leadership Institute holistic development program.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- NSCA CSCS.
- Current First Aid, CPR, AED certification.
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and flexible hours.