The assistant coach is charged with assisting the head coach with developing, implementing and leading sports specific strength & conditioning programs that facilitate maximum benefits for all student-athletes to both optimize performance and decrease injury potential for 14 Division II programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, and administer the University’s strength and conditioning program for 14 Division II programs.
- Effectively lead, motivate and inspire student-athletes.
- Develop and implement sports specific strength & conditioning programs with an emphasis on developing and improving student-athlete performance
- Enhance and promote the internal and external visibility and recognition of the University and the Athletic Department to a variety of alumni, and campus and off-campus groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology, Human Performance, or other related field.
- Certification by the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
- Experience and demonstrated success in a collegiate level strength and conditioning program.
- Demonstrated knowledge of use and maintenance of fitness equipment.
- Experience planning, developing, and administering budgets.
Michigan Technological University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Equal Opportunity Employer that provides equal opportunity for all, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.