The Assistant Strength and Conditioning coach will be responsible for the design and implementation of year-round, sport-specific training programs for several intercollegiate athletic teams as assigned. This individual will also assist the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach and Associate Head Strength & Conditioning Coach with the training of additional teams, as needed.
- Assist Head and Associate Head Strength & Conditioning Coaches in consulting with head coaches to determine team and individual strength, fitness and conditioning needs.
- Design and implement sport-specific training programs for teams as determined by the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach.
- Design training programs with an emphasis of programming on injury prevention and performance enhancement of student-athletes.
- Design and implement sport-specific speed and agility programs.
- Teach and execute appropriate testing methods to assess fitness levels of athletes pre- and post-season.
- Bachelor’s Degree in exercise science, kinesiology or related field required. A master’s degree in exercise science or related field is preferred.
- Two or more years of experience as a strength and conditioning coach at the collegiate level is preferred.
- Applicants must hold a nationally recognized strength and conditioning certification (e.g. NSCA-CSCS, CSCCa, USAW), as well as CPR/AED and First Aid Certification.
- Candidates must demonstrate an ability to teach, lead and counsel collegiate student-athletes.